A Winter Birthday


It was a chilly,
Frosty,
icy day outside....

preparations for a birthday 
party were underway,
and the guest of honor was too chicken
to go anywhere!!

Food was ready, house clean,
decorations are up...

"OH, WHAT TO DO?"

 I put on my chauffeur hat 
and drove to town to pick 
up the birthday girl.

(I cancelled last year's party on this day,
I wasn't about to let it happen again this year!)

At 1:30 the girls
were gathered and the
birthday lunch went on!

There were flowers for the table...





our local florist put this together 
for me while I rushed to town.
This special occasion deserved flowers,
and Baker's Designs came through beautifully!





Grandma Bertha's china came out of the cupboard,
and Grandma Erden's silverware and ruby red goblets too!






I switched out tables for the holidays...
this round table (a gift from Joyce K.) gives 
our Christmas tree a little more room...
and it gives me a chance to use the linen and crocheted 
tablecloth I've been saving forever in a cedar chest.








                                                   A special touch here...

                                             A special touch there....





All to honor one 
Special Lady...

That's MY MOM!



For almost 60 years, December 13th (mom's birthday)
has been THE day to put up the Christmas tree and 
start decorating for the holidays....

I'm glad that tradition
was lost a long time ago!



Celebrating Mom's birthday with all the trimmings
is one tradition that will stay forever!!

Happy Birthday, Mom!
Lisa

P.S.  Sharing this post with some linky parties...
please check out:
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Elna Sudden for Wednesday Show Off
The Charm of Home's Home Sweet Home




Comments

TexWisGirl said…
how sweet! happy birthday to your mom! enjoy every day you have her! :)
Brian King said…
Happy Birthday to your mother! What a special lady! Lovely photos, Lisa!
Tara said…
She is beautiful! And so are your decorations!!!
Seeing all of this brought tears to my eyes that I had to miss it. I am so happy you all were able to celebrate with her. She told me she had a fun hangover the next day!
med109 said…
Grandma told me all about her special day at your house, she really had fun. Everything looks so pretty, including Grandma!
ju-north said…
What a lovley party! Make the most of your time with your mum
Sharon said…
Happy Birthday to your Mom! What a special way to celebrate for a special lady on her special day! Everything looks fabulous!
barbara l. hale said…
Happy belated birthday to your Mom! Beautiful photos. Love the frosty tree.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for joining my show off, it makes my so happy. Nice blog you have, different. You are welcome back and join my blog if you want.

Hugs
Elna from Sweden
Lisa Gordon said…
What a beautiful post Lisa!
Enjoy every moment.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA'S MOM!!!!
xo.

Popular Posts