There Is A Star That Shines Tonight

I just heard a wonderful new Christmas song
that literally stopped me in my busy tracks!!

Now, ever so often (maybe, every 3 years)
 there is a new Christmas song that I'll hear on the radio
and think "WOW, I'm adding that one to my list of good ones!!"

This one is by Sheryl Crow
There is a Star That Shines Tonight

I immediately searched Playlist.com
 with no results. But, I did find it on YouTube
Please pause my usual blog music player
 and enjoy this wonderful Christmas song.
It touched my soul and just made me stop and think....
of the unfortunate folks out there that don't have a roof over their head, much less a tree to trim with fancy ornaments. The ones that would give anything to be baking a batch of cookies for their children instead of worrying about how they are going to eat today.  The dutiful soldiers that are over seas missing their families
 so we can all enjoy freedom.
  The hospitalized veterans that don't know how they can pick themselves up, to start all over with a missing limb.














Such beautiful lyrics....

While we wait for freedom's bells to ring throughout the world
The Christmas wish remains the same of every boy and girl
That when that glorious sun does rise and melt away their fears
That you'll be home this time to stay and waiting by the tree

Peace on earth and in our hearts
That love ring out, ring near and far
Oh, and lift the weary and the weak
Keep you near this Christmas Eve

There is a star that shines for you and me


Hug your family and appreciate everything you have!
Christmas time is a special time to share your blessings.
Love,
Lisa


Comments

Sharon said…
A very special post, Lisa. Thank You!
Verde Farm said…
What a wonderful post Lisa. Brought chills to me. I have to get this CD. Thanks for sharing :)

Popular Posts