We take care of the land...it takes care of us.

We're just a couple of country dwellers......

that love nature, hunting, fishing, gardening, campfires, crafting, cooking, canning, laughter and living!!

Ya just never know what I'll blog about next...

So visit us often!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Barn Charm Circa 1950



My little trip down memory lane this weekend
has put me in a 1950's frame of mind....

so in keeping with the theme,
I've turned this barn photo
(taken on Saturday)
into something that would
fit into my mother's old photo albums....





I wonder if there are any
re-runs of "Mr. Ed"
on t.v. tonight?


Have a great week,
and go get ya some 
Barn Charm.....Here!


I'm off to paint a house, 
I'll be back when the job is finished
or Friday whichever comes first!

Have some fun for me,

16 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a wonderful barn! Hope you get your house painting finished!

Sherri B. said...

Oh my, that photo does look old and what a beauty of a barn it is. My hubby has a dream of turning a barn into a home...he's be drooling over this one.

Have a great week of painting, see you when you are done. xo

TexWisGirl said...

love this!!!

wanna come paint my barn?! :)

Debbie said...

oh lisa, that's a beautiful barn and i love what you did with the image.

my house needs painting, if you can't do it could you at least send me some of your energy!!

heyBJK said...

Wow, I love that, Lisa! Fantastic scene! Really nice!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great barn and it really does look like photos from the 50's!
Have a good week painting.

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your barn photo -- I TOTALLY have barn envy :)

Blessings!
Gail

ju-north said...

Will look for a barn but it won't be anything like yours!

Candy C. said...

Perfect edit for that 1950's look!! :)

barbara l. hale said...

Great barn! Wonderful photo!

cherry said...

I love what you did with this beautiful barn picture..
Happy painting damp and rainy here which is a good thing.. hugs, Cherry

lisa. said...

This is a wonderful barn Lisa, and your proceesing really does make it look 50s-like.
Used to L O V E Mr. Ed!!!!!

Costin Comba said...

So beautiful. Have a great week. Greetings from Romania

bj said...

*shhhhhh I remember Mr. Ed like it was yesterday....
LOVE this photo and the effects.
I was a teen during the middle 50's and loved every single minute of it.

bj said...

*shhhhhh I remember Mr. Ed like it was yesterday....
LOVE this photo and the effects.
I was a teen during the middle 50's and loved every single minute of it.

Ida said...

Great barn photo. Very charming, I like the vintage feel you gave it.