How Are You Beating The Heat?



If you are from Louisiana
(like one gal I know),
you are going with the flow
and keepin' it STEAMY!!




Our daughter-in-law's parents
brought up all the ingredients
for a Southern Style Shrimp Boil
in South Dakota!
OoooLaLa it was delicious!!



(thanks Jeanne!)
Laissez le bon temps roulette!!



If you are from Kansas City
or about anywhere else
in the U.S.A
you need some kind of 
a swimming pool to cool off in....



Our little 10 foot blow up pool stayed very busy 
when the grand-kids were here!!



As for me - 
I'd be happy if 
I could just stick
my head in an ocean somewhere!!





For now, I guess
I'll settle for a cold one on the front porch!!....





Happy Summer,
don't let the heat get the best of ya!

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
laughing at the last pic! goof!
No break int he heat for us in Virginia, which is why anything on the front porch that's cool is always enjoyed!! :-)
Way up in the triple digits here, but hoping for rain to cool things off a little bit. Love the shrimp boil, oh my it looked so good. I may have to buy me one of those pools. I could use a little splashing. Hugs, Marty
It's me said…
Please sent some heat to Holland !!....love Ria...xxx...
Nancy said…
It's horrible today -- so much humidity! Can I come swim in your pool? And maybe have a Coors Light? Thanks, I'm on my way!
I like the idea of sticking my head in the ocean. Only thing it's about 1,500 to one.
Debbie said…
oh it's soooo hot here in jersey, too hot, even at the beaches.

forget about the coors light, i'll have me a plate of the good stuff. i adore one pot meals and that looks yummy!!
highheeledlife said…
We too are experiencing an extreme hot summer in Southwestern Ontario ... it finally rained buckets here for a whole 10-20 minutes and now we are back to the muggy heat! (good for the gardens)...

That shrimp pot dish looks tres yummy!!! great photos ...xo HHL
Michelle said…
That food looks so good!!!
Suzy said…
Wow ...could I dive into that tasty lookin' dish!! Sounds like everyone is suffering with this heat and humidity.
Lynne said…
I wish you had invited me . . . looks DELICIOUS!

I might go out and purchase a kiddy pool and park myself with a good book!

Brutal high nineties here for days!
Anonymous said…
We are finally getting some much needed rain here in Tennessee. For a while my yard was nothing but a big dust bowl. The grass is finally greening up... guess that means I'll have to start mowing again!
Bonnie said…
I grew up in Louisiana and it is always steamy. Having spent much of June with triple digit temps we are rather enjoying the nineties right now. It is all a matter of perspective.

Although I no longer live in Louisiana we still love hot and spicy in the summer. It gets the bodies cooling system running. Enjoy your summer.
Candy C. said…
Great pictures! :) Hot, hot, hot here too but at least we have been getting some rain.

Popular Posts