Country Cruisin'

Our Grand-daughter's
2 week stay
got extended to 
3 weeks
(due to family work
schedules and travel plans!)

Mommy called to 
ask if we were up for it...

I said, "it's up to the girls?"
"If they can handle it, so can I"...

Of course, they're so busy
having fun, they'd stay
all summer if they could!!
(and if Mommy didn't have to work,
so would she!)

So here I am 
at day 16...


Domino (our 5 year old)
drew Grandma's portrait on the
sidewalk...

"That's you, Grandma!!"

A "little" scary,I thought,
but at least 
I'm still smiling!

Unfortunately, we've had 
far too many cool rainy days
and
have been cooped up inside...
(thank goodness, for t.v.!)

AND...
 there's nothing better
than a good 
old fashioned
Country Drive
for a change of scenery
and get those
mindless 
loony tunes out of your head!!

Here's what we all saw
as we sang about
149 rounds
of 
Old McDonald Had a Farm...



Wild Phlox...



Great Blues...

 


 Mallards...

with a quack, quack, here
a quack, quack there
here a quack
there a quack







 "Ooops, I guess they heard us!"

 

 There they go...
quack, quack!!



Just about every bird
in the neighborhood heard 
us coming from a mile away...







the horses didn't mind our
lame imitation of their 
Naaayyyyy!

 

 This blue wing teal was content
to keep swimming along....



With all the rains
we've had lately,
it was good to get out
and see someone appreciating
all the water...
 



Cause this Granny is ready 
for some sunshine 
and more outside
Play Time!


My feathers are ruffled,
and I'm starting to walk funny...
but I think I can last 
a couple more days???

I'll let you know,
if I survive Thursday's
water park excursion!!


EEEiiiii
EEEEiiiiii
OOOOOO!
Lisa

Comments

Country Gal said…
Cute post ! Sounds like your all have a great time ! Wonderful photos ! Kids and animals are a wonderful combination ! Thanks for sharing . Have a great day !
barb said…
I can relate with that pheasants bed head.
liz love said…
I love all the photosas much as I love country life! Great job!
TexWisGirl said…
oh, you're gonna need a vacation! :)
Anonymous said…
Oh I LOVE the chalk drawing and would print the photo and frame it to hang on my bathroom wall where I put my make-up on each morning.... LOL So cute!
Lynne said…
Gorgeous photos . . . Sixteen days and more on the way . . . You'll be ready for a break . . . I will be singing Old McDonald all through my sleep tonight . . .

Diane has a great idea. The chalk pic is a keeper!
Ida said…
What a fun post. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with the Grandkids. - That chalk portrait is fabulous! Enjoyed all your wonderful photos.
Ida said…
What a fun post. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with the Grandkids. - That chalk portrait is fabulous! Enjoyed all your wonderful photos.
Roxi H said…
I sure enjoyed your outing!

Popular Posts