Just Some Barn I Know

Happy Monday Friend!

Our weekend excursion
was a short trip down a country road
to poke around yet another old
abandoned Barn yard...


(the owners gave us permission to poke)

this old beauty will be burned 
down in the near future...
isn't it sad!

I snapped as many pictures as I could,
trying to save it's likeness for those
of us that appreciate a well made
piece of farming history



Stepping carefully over fallen boards
with nails sticking out...

my eyes are watching for nails
while my mind is seeing 
the farmer and his livestock...


 The chore of feeding the animals
came before feeding himself...



after livestock were fed and watered,
breakfast was made for the farmer and the farm wife!

No emails to check,
No devices to charge up...
just keeping everyone fed.



Simpler times...







Making hay when the sun shines...
 



Thanking Heaven for the sun and the rain...



I love these old buildings....


they always remind me to be thankful!

So glad you stopped by....
Watch your step and thank a farmer today!
Lisa


Comments

Country Gal said…
Burn it??!! that is a shame poor old barn !! do they realize that barn board is popular for wood workers and crafters I would have a huge barn board sale if I were them well at least barn board over here is popular and in high demand ! Wonderful photos . Thanks for sharing . Have a good week !
CountryMum said…
Must have been a hard decision for them to make about burning it down. Love your photos. You have captured it so well.
barb said…
Might call for those really big marshmellows?
Melinda said…
Hope you are feeling better!

Barn pics are so fun.

M :)

Popular Posts