All right, so I'm not enjoying a pent house view, or planning a day of shopping on Park Avenue. I'll just have a cup of tea and check my emails.



Daily chores include the usual...a couple loads of laundry. Thank goodness for modern washers and dryers. Remember the days of wringer washing machines and line drying. How did they get clothes dry in the dead of winter? And how did Mother keep up with 5 kids in the house? My sisters will have something to say about that. I was much younger and just had to watch as they put all the clothes through the wringer and dumped out tub after tub of dirty water. UGhhh! I don't remember who ironed all that cotton. I started helping around the house in the 70's and was a fan of polyester and permanent press!I found a stack of hand embroidered dish towels I've accumulated. Some were shower gifts, some were from Mother and Grandma. Even the dish towels were neatly ironed and folded!
"We've got it made", I'm sure Grandma would say.

Comments

Popular Posts