Home For the Holidays


An old photo of of our farmstead
 will always sit proudly on our living room shelf.
It portrays the hard times our ancestors endured.  
When ever I need some reassurance
 or some inspiration,
 I go to the picture of 
those hardy souls....
standing proudly in front of their 4 square house, 
and their 4 work horses,
not a tree for miles to hold back the cold
 South Dakota wind or the
piles of smothering snow.

I say to myself "if they could do it, I most certainly can too"

Just think of the incredibly simple 
Christmas celebration back in 1907??


My wish for you dear friends....
 is a wonderful old-fashioned
holiday season!
Lisa




Comments

Wow! You are so fortunate to have a bit of history there with you. I love the old picture!
barb said…
I love that old photo, it's amazing that you have it.And your home is delightful, a reflection of you. A home should reflect the people that live there and not a stereotype of what we see in magazines. sis
Verde Farm said…
You’re so right LIsa. We need to think about what our ancestors did to progress and how hardy they were. I think I am a total wimp and need to toughen up. Love that photo--love all old photos. I bet Christmas in 1907 was very special and very simple. I would love it.
Amy

Popular Posts