A Beach Wedding


As soon as we pulled into the driveway,
I could feel a sense of relief
from the parents of the bride.

Planning a beach wedding from 
the plains of South Dakota,
1700 miles away from your destination
is no easy task!

When we turned in and saw this beautiful
house right on the shore, we pretty
much knew we were on track to 
full-filling one happy bride's life-long dream!



It was the perfect place to house ALL 17 guests!!





Yes, it was kinda like the Waltons
AND
the Brady bunch all under one roof for 5 days!


Two kitchens, 3 baths, 5 bedrooms, a loft, and two
pull-out sofas.  Plenty of sleeping space and
plenty of party space! 
PERFECT!!!


The sound of the waves crashing on the beach
lulled us to sleep at night...
the ocean birds woke us up before sunrise.
(Well, Me anyway. I think I was
missing our rooster!)


I loved getting up before anyone else
and snapping pictures of the 
gorgeous sunrises!






Then it was time to make coffee 
and start planning the day...



Which usually meant deciding
to swim in the ocean
or
walk on the beach
or 
challenge someone to a game of bocci ball!


"Can someone run to Walmart 
for a tape measurer, Please!"



Wow, 5 days of bliss...
I forgot what snow 
even looked like!!!

Where would you go to forget your woes?
You'll find me by the water....

for Mosaic Monday!
 Follow along and enjoy the ride!

Comments

Michelle said…
I love hanging out at the beach. So very relaxing :)
Wow Lisa what a great place and I love all the various ways you have presented your photographs, especially the one about a tape measure and Walmart!!Looking forward to seeing some more, have a great day, I hope you have good weather now you are home?
Jackie in Surrey, UK.
Nancy said…
What a gorgeous venue for a wedding! And the numerous photo ops must have been mesmerizing!

Love your shots.
Shelly said…
Sounds like a wonderful place and do have a wedding at the beach is awesome.

I love your pictures! The coffee and beach ones are my favorite!

Popular Posts