We take care of the land...it takes care of us.

We're just a couple of country dwellers......

that love nature, hunting, fishing, gardening, campfires, crafting, cooking, canning, laughter and living!!

Ya just never know what I'll blog about next...

So visit us often!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lilacs and Mosaics



Happy Weekend Friends!





Hope you are 
surrounded with picnic food
and family this holiday weekend...

Our visit from the kids was last week,
so we are enjoying a quiet weekend
and lots of asparagus!!!





It's been 60 and cloudy, but 
we are relaxed and enjoying
a couple days off!

My lilacs are opening
and I'm thinking about 
moving my bed out under
the bush!



or just gathering 
some bouquets to
enjoy in the house ~
probably a better idea!

(Since the chickens also 
love to hang out under
the lilac bush)...



I wish they would bloom 
all summer long...

I guess I'll have to refer
back to this post after
they're gone :(


Just a reminder:
take time to stop 
and smell the lilacs!!

Happy Mosaic Monday, Friends!

Linking with:
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

14 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Stunning mosaic! I especially like the asparagus and the lilacs!

Farmchick said...

Those lilacs are beautiful and I am wishing I had some of that asparagus.

Sharon said...

At the lake house, my grandparents had a huge hedge of lilacs, I loved the smell of them. They were always blooming for Memorial Day. Memories.......

Lavender Cottage said...

I like my lilacs too and moving the bed outside works for me!
There are a few new ones that will bloom all summer sporadically - 'Josee' and 'Bloomerang'. I have both and they are small varieties as they're a cross from the dwarf Korean lilacs.
I'm willing to come and help eat some of your asparagus, a favourite veggie.
Judith

texwisgirl said...

enjoy your quiet weekend!

Mary said...

Oh, your lilacs are gorgeous -- I can almost smell them! Thanks for sharing at MM. :)

That corgi :) said...

beautiful lilacs!! so colorful and dainty looking! Bet they smell good indeed! I don't think they grow here.....

60 degrees isn't too bad of weather for this time of year and where you are at; I remember many a Memorial Day weekend in Montana with it being cool and rainy with hint of snow in the air

seems like you had a good weekend!

betty

Lorrie said...

Stunning lilacs - I can almost smell them from here. And the asparagus - yummy!

Nancy said...

Love the lilac photos - ours are all but done for the year.

And I messed up big time on our asparagus and forgot all about the patch until it was too late. Doh!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

The lilacs are just beginning to blooms here. I love the fragrance and yes it would be nice to bottle it. Seems the chickens appreciate the fragrance or just the shade too. Lovely. V

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Your lilacs are gorgeous!!! I don't blame you I'd like to sleep under them also!!!
Have a beautiful lilac filled day!!!

Snap said...

Some of my favorite things: lilacs, asparagus, chickens!!!!! Wonderful mosaics. Happy Monday!

Buttons said...

Great mosaics I like the thought of the bed under the lilacs it would smell heavenly making for sweet dreams.B

Lori E said...

Asparagus and lilacs. Two of my favorite things. We eat a ton of it. Not the lilacs...the asparagus.