We take care of the land...it takes care of us.

We're just a couple of country dwellers......

that love nature, hunting, fishing, gardening, campfires, crafting, cooking, canning, laughter and living!!

Ya just never know what I'll blog about next...

So visit us often!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Garden Report



How's your garden growing?




We DOWN-SIZED the garden this year
in a BIG way!

We decided we 
really weren't harvesting 
very much "HAPPINESS"...

just bushels of stress and back aches!

Besides, I'd rather shop at the 
farmer's market -
(much less sweat involved!!!)






We planted the essentials...
and so far ~ so good
no chemical kill,
no frost,
no flood!
if the mosquitoes
don't walk away with it all
it should be a good harvest!
Knock on wood...
storms with hail
are coming through tonight???

Hope your veggies are growing strong!

4 comments:

texwisgirl said...

liked your 'not harvesting much happiness'. ha! :)

lisa said...

My gardens are growing very slowly. The weather has been somewhat uncooperative, but hopefully it will get better.

Great photos!

That corgi :) said...

I recognized those yellow flowers as tomato buds! I'm with you; keep it simple and enjoy farmer markets! no garden here this year :)

betty

TJB said...

Due to weather and weed take over, I get to replant my garden this weekend. :( I am really hoping to get a decent tomato crop yet so I can learn mom's salsa recipe. :)