We take care of the land...it takes care of us.

We're just a couple of country dwellers......

that love nature, hunting, fishing, gardening, campfires, crafting, cooking, canning, laughter and living!!

Ya just never know what I'll blog about next...

So visit us often!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Play Time




Just me and Domino...

She says to me, "Gramma I'm goin' on four" (holding up three fingers)


And to myself I say, "Hold on to this moment - she'll be 14 in a heartbeat!"


Today she thought riding along
with Grandma and going
to the park was cool!


shopping for gum
and suckers -
VERY COOL!


GRANDMA did not think the strawberry
push pop in the car was very cool!

Back when I was 3, it would've 
meant a spit bath on the side of the road!
 Riding in the car covered 
in Grandma's spit listening to
her cussing in German would not 
have been cool!

What's a cool gramma to do??? 

Que Sera, Sera,

5 comments:

Country Gal said...

She is a sweety ! My mum was always joking with our kids like she would ask them if they werent listenen ya want a bunch of fives as she held her fist up to funnily bop them on the nose they always ended up laughing cause she made it fun , she was quite the funny grama ! You last paragraph is what my mum would of done only in British frases that no one but me would understand lol Great post and photos ! Have a wonderful day !

texwisgirl said...

oh my! thanks for that memory! sounds like my German mother!

That corgi :) said...

she is so adorable! I bet the park was fun indeed!

betty

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I bet she thinks Grandpa is pretty special! She's such a cutie. And yes, they do grow up fast, don't they? :)

barb said...

auch zu lieben! Didn't we learn anything from Grandma Bertha? Not our grandmother skills for sure. A mix of our generation and our grandmothers is a good thing I say.