Early Morning Fishing



Sall woke us all up EARLY this morning,
so he could get to the river for some more fishing!

Max was one disappointed dog when Sall said
"you're staying home with mom!"


Max stayed at the end of the driveway (hoping Sall would 
change his mind and come back for him)
Then back to the porch, with his tail down...



It was too early to get up - but I was wide awake

so I grabbed the camera and waited...

What time does the sun rise anyway?
 Get a cup of coffee and wait....


Then I spotted Woody!
"Hey Mr. Woodpecker, you're up early too?"

He played bashful for a little while then started posing for me....






Then I heard "HONK, HONK, HONK"
No, not Sall's truck.....

a flock of geese flying low!"


I barely made it to the end of the trees to catch
a shot of them!  The picture doesn't do it justice...
it doesn't capture the calm of the moment,
 the pink morning sunlight cast over the land, 
the pure silence except the honking noises
of these beautiful birds gliding over the wheat field!

Sigh...

Now where was I....

Woody caught my attention again,
this time he took a direct flight across
to another tree and landed in the perfect 
sunrise setting!




What a "show-off" he is!



Sunrise at last!



Cheer up, Max! Pheasant season is 
only eleven weeks away!

It is fun to get up super early sometimes...
I caught some good photo opps.
and Sall caught some
nice fish!


Walleye and Silver Bass...

Friday's catch of the day!

Have a good one!

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
looks like a great morning for all of you (except maybe Max...) that sunrise shot is spectacular!
Country Gal said…
Photos are great ! I love getting up early to take photos ! Miggy says hi to Max ! Have a good day !
Sharon said…
Beautiful shots, love the geese and the sunrise woodpecker! Poor Max, I hope he got over it when Sall got back! Hey, NICE fish! I would say that you and Sall both, had a great morning!
barb said…
great shots as usual. love that woodpecker sunrise shot! my day just isn't complete without a blog post from Sall's Country Life.
Anonymous said…
Awww love Max! And woody the woodpecker. pretty pics.
Jeanni

Popular Posts