We take care of the land...it takes care of us.

We're just a couple of country dwellers......

that love nature, hunting, fishing, gardening, campfires, crafting, cooking, canning, laughter and living!!

Ya just never know what I'll blog about next...

So visit us often!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The "Real" Hunters







"She lived to hunt"

(we said that about our Josie)

every fall she was like a puppy,
full of exuberance!
and ready to hunt!




Every time I see hunting dogs
running about the fields
sniffing a bird and running heavy on it's tail,
I see Josie.
Her spirit is running along side of them...
enjoying the hunt!




I dedicate this post 
to the "hunters"
THE REAL HUNTERS!




Those ever-faithful,
energetic,
loyal retrievers and pointers...





the finders and the go-getters!






They live for it...
and we love them for it!






Truly, man's best friend!






We miss you ol' girl....



R.I.P.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

what a sweet, hard-working, loving girl! :)

Casey Harn said...

Awesome pics - I love the one with the goldens in the water.

Those puppies are getting a workout this time of year!

Take care -

heyBJK said...

What great looking dogs and wonderful photos! Very nice, Lisa!

Custom Comforts said...

So sweet and so sad. Dogs are such loyal friends and companions. I am giving my sweet miniature daschund, Moby, an extra hug right now as he sits on my lap. He's a little hunter too in his own way ~ always has his nose to the ground.

Karen said...

Oh, what a bittersweet memory. The true hunters are always at work, aren't they? Wonderful post!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Sweet girl. :)