Back To Reality





Truth is, I would never make a happy snowbird!

Those folks that pack up and head south every winter
miss out on the best season of the year!

How can you not love freezing temps,
fluffy white snow, icicles, snow angels,
ice fishing, wool sweaters, cozy fires,
long winter naps?

"sit on your beach and think about that!"




The other day I looked out the window
and it was just too pretty to stay inside...







Max and I ventured off the front porch,
and followed the many little 
trails left by pheasants and rabbits...







we walked all around the garden,
rousted a slew of pheasants up out of their nests,
(I guess they don't get up as early as we do!)

As the sun came up the fog lifted
and left us the most unusual 
"albino rainbow"





The pot of gold is a pot of ice at the end of this rainbow!


A beautiful picturesque walk around the farm
on a VERY chilly morning...
it REALLY 
doesn't get any better than that

Well, okay,
with your best buddy
by your side...
PRICELESS!!




Hope you are enjoying
your own winter wonderland
where you are at!!
Lisa







Comments

TexWisGirl said…
beautiful, lisa! and your pup is gorgeous!
barb said…
Great photos. Would make any Floridian jealous.
Country Gal said…
Fantastic photos ! This is what Miggy and I like to do on a sun rise winter morning as well ! Have a wonderful day !
Your photographs are all just beautiful! We don't have snow here yet but it certainly feels cold enough to snow.
Have a great weekend.
Michelle said…
Oh my! So very beautiful! Who needs a beach when you have all of that beauty?!
Oh Lisa, your pictures are WONDERFUL! I love your blog! Thanks so much for doing this.
Karen said…
I'm with you, Lisa! Wonderful photos! I've never seen a white rainbow, that is a first. Love all the frost on the grasses and that sweet companion of yours, what a delight to have. We're getting some snow as I write, so far, it's been rather light but we'll see what it adds up to. I could never flee the four seasons either; if I lived where it was always the same I think it would be so boring.
Custom Comforts said…
Beautiful photos!!! Saw more snow in your pictures than I've seen all winter. It's been very mild here this year, but that's okay cause I'm not big on snow. I'll take rain anyday.
Cindy

Popular Posts