We take care of the land...it takes care of us.

We're just a couple of country dwellers......

that love nature, hunting, fishing, gardening, campfires, crafting, cooking, canning, laughter and living!!

Ya just never know what I'll blog about next...

So visit us often!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Winter Is Postponed


With 2 inches of snow on the ground
I am grateful for the moisture!

But,
what about my fall projects??

Sall and I were just getting 
on a roll with 
siding the house...

could it not have
waited until we got (at least)
one side done??




Oh, I know, 
    I know,
winter is not 
going to do me 
any favors...

but, 
could it just 
hold off a little while longer???

Can I just have 
a few more weeks of 
warm weather
to go out and take pictures
of
pheasants,
old barns,
rusty buckets,
and rotting junk??




Can winter not see 
that I am not ready to
crawl in my cave and 
turn on my money-sucking furnace!


Can this snow just melt away
and come again on Christmas Day
when I'm ready for it??


I just have 3 words...

It's too soon!!




I rest my case.

Rambling from the country,
Lisa





6 comments:

Lynne said...

I am nervous about this snow stuff. I worked like a manic fool raking the leaves today when I heard you had snow. The trees lost their leaves in one dump last night . . . It was amazing out there this morning. I had mowed, blown, raked the day before. Not a leaf on the green. This morning they were knee deep in places!

Good luck on your siding project, I like the color!

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos ! We here in Ontario Canada don't have snow yet but parts of Canada got hit pretty hard with that white stuff . Here it has been summer like the past few days but I know it's coming at least it makes for different scenery for photos ! Have a good day !

Velva said...

Sending you Florida sunshine, with no chance of snow.

I would gladly trade places with you for a few days of cooler weather, even a little snow. :-)


Velva

btw, the siding looks really good.

Bonnie said...

While I am not wishing for snow, I would love cooler temps. Mid 80s at the end of October....seriously? I know it is all relative. Stay warm!

barb said...

Oh ya...love that color

sweetvintageofmine said...

All I can say about the snow is I LOVE YOUR HOUSE! It's CHARMING!!! Roxie