We take care of the land...it takes care of us.

We're just a couple of country dwellers......

that love nature, hunting, fishing, gardening, campfires, crafting, cooking, canning, laughter and living!!

Ya just never know what I'll blog about next...

So visit us often!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Turkey Count Down


Yes, the turkey is thawing,
and I have some thoughts...

Tis the season
to be thankful...


as the great feast and house full of company
draws near,
I try to be mindful of what really matters...
family and friends.
(they come for the love and the laughter...
not to see my clean house!)

I hope you are having fun
preparing for a joyful get-together
with your peeps...

Life's too short to stress about
dust bunnies,
cranberry sauce,
 and gravy with lumps!

Just sayin'

Hugs,
Lisa

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

What a great reminder to slow down and savor, Lisa. Thank you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Mary Ann said...

Lisa, I had to come back on and say that I enjoyed your music playing so much I bought some of the songs for my Ipod! Thanks!

Loretta Thomas said...

So True Lisa...I have been stressing about my house needing cleaning knowing I can't get it done with a broken bone in my leg! Thanks for reminding me of what's really important! Have a Blessed Family Day filled with Thankfulness!
Purrs,
Kitty & Loretta

Country Gal said...

Perfectly put ! Love your photo and saying on it , so true ! I have a question do you use photo shop to do your photos here and if so what setting is it ? Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Thanksgiving !

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Good advice! Made me rethink my priorities!

ann said...

Amen for sure. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I do enjoy the hunting stories and photos.

barb said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope your electricity stays on.