Birthdays Are Exhausting

Last Friday we celebrated a birthday...

good food...

a great cake...

a little visiting...
and 
hardly any sibling squabbling!

Mom turned 83!


She was well behaved
(no dancing on the tables),
we didn't keep her out too late,
and she didn't over-indulge
on cake or anything!!

So why am I dropping her off at the hospital
on Monday??

I think she over-indulged on excitement 

A couple days of rest, saline, and anti-biotics
in her blood and she's good as new
(well, as an 83 year old)

So, Happy Birthday Again Mom!
Hope you can slow down, relax,
and enjoy many more years!
p.s. "drink your water!"

Love,
Lisa

Comments

Happy Belated Birthday to your dear mother. Glad she is better after a few days rest. And yes drink your water!
p.s. I meant to say I like your new header and the look of your blog!
Country Gal said…
Happy Belated Birthday ! Looking good at 83 , after a bit of rest I bet your mum will be raring to go . Love the new look of your blog . Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !
TexWisGirl said…
awww. hope she stays healthy and smiling for a lot more years.
barb said…
Your mom looks a lot like mine. Wonder if they're related?
Custom Comforts said…
That is sweet. Mother's are so special. My Mom is around that age too and we cherish every moment with her since we lost my Dad in a car accident two years ago. We thank God continually that my Mom recovered from her injuries and is well and happy today.
Cindy
Bonnie K said…
Hope she gets feeling better. Happy Birthday. I have 42 years to to to hit 83. That puts my life in perspective. Wow!
MarmePurl said…
Wonderful. Stay healthy and happy. You and your mom!

Popular Posts