Pickles Are Priority


 My biggest fans 
are bored with me...


"couldn't she just spend a little more time with us?"

"maybe just one blog bone extra here or there?"

"are those pickles really that important??? REALLY???"


I'm so sorry to keep my followers hanging,
but it has been a gruelling pickle season...



 the pickle patch called both me and Sall
every day for several weeks
and
I'm happy to report the last pickles
were processed on Thursday!!


that strenuous job of picking cucumbers everyday
 has come to an end in 2014
and the results are on the shelves...


not as many as last year
(it seems age is catching up to me here!)
but, enough to keep our standing orders filled...
and our own pickle cravings satisfied for another year.
 


 I gathered, I processed, I conquered!


Once again Grandma Bertha would be proud...
and so am I
(if I do say so myself!)



What next??
a short break...
and then it's "Sallsa" time!!
 
 Hope you are enjoying some fresh
garden produce too...
Hugs,
Lisa

Comments

Michelle said…
Wow! I am impressed at the amount of pickles you canned.
Michaele said…
I sympathize with you on the pickle priority. I don't know WHO is going to eat all the pickles in my cupboard. Now salsa - that's a different story. Your garden looks terrific!
Pamela Gordon said…
Wow that is awesome! What a lot of pickles you've made. They look delicious too. I'm not a big pickler and only make one variety of pickle relish each year. I haven't done them yet and may miss the season as we're away. :( I'm hoping my neighbours are enjoying them though. Thanks for visiting for Mosaic Monday. Your photos are beautiful! Pam
Lynne said…
I was trying to remember who the "Pickle Miss" was from last year . . . now I remember! It was YOU!
Amazing . . . truly amazing!
Debbie said…
omgoodness, can anyone say pickle?? that sure is a lot of pickles!!

i have been overcome with knitting!! i don't have any animals but i think the hubs is feeling exactly the same as your doggies ;)
TexWisGirl said…
you do an amazing amount of canning each year. i can imagine you go to bed smelling like dill and brine... :)
Ida said…
That's a lot of pickles. I'm guessing you sell them. What are the ones with the Red Peppers like?
Country Gal said…
Wonderful haul ! Lots of work but worth it in the end ! Lovely photos ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !
Melinda said…
Wow!
I bet those are yummy yummy!

We are down to peppers and tomatoes
more salsa on the way. Oh yea, we still have potatoes to eat too.

Get some rest my friend.

M : )

Popular Posts