- Publish your Farm Fresh Friday post on your blog.
- Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
- Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
- Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
- Click on "Enter"
- Please link back to this Farm Fresh Friday post so that your readers can find other posts related to the party!
Friday, June 8, 2012
Farm Fresh Friday #6
Welcome to Farm Fresh Friday
This week on the prairie...
Hot and Dry!
Not so happy in the rain department this week!
Sall has brought out the soaker hoses
Thank goodness for rural water,
the meter has been running this week!
With temps in the upper 80's and 90's, south winds a blowing
it's been a job keeping everything from drying up!
On Tuesday I made a special trip
to Huron just to get to the first open
It wasn't too well attended,
but it's plenty early for around here!
The vendors had their
wares displayed so nicely...
I was thrilled to see fresh produce,
but when I saw the homemade breads and pies
I almost melted!
Oh, the temptation of it all....
who can resist
locally made...fresh....home grown??
The best thing I found was
this scrumptious looking
strawberry rhubarb pie!!
Do you know how long
Sall has been wanting a strawberry rhubarb pie??
About 11 years (as long as I've known him)!
So, when she told me what kind it was
I quickly grabbed the check book
and I knew hubby was in for a treat tonight!!
Whoever said "you can't buy happiness",
obviously, never shopped at a Farmer's Market?
Support your local Farmer's Markets
It's totally worth it!!
Thanks for joining us for Farm Fresh Friday...
see you here next week!
P.S. in case you're wondering, the pie was awesome!
Tasted better than it looked, and a total hit with Sall.
That will be difficult to one-up.
This is a place to share all things FRESH,
homemade and/or home-grown.
There is no rule that it has to be made by you or grown by you,
just the fact that it was
hand made or grown by somebody
and not mass-produced or imported from Timmbucktu is good enough for us!!
Want more details? See our Farm Fresh Friday Page at the top of the blog.
Here's how to join in:
That's it! It's a good idea to check if your link is working.
If you have any questions please email me at Sallfarm@gmail.com